Links: - Thomas A. McKean's Web Site

Greetings everyone!!

Introduce yourself to the forums.
Forum rules
Introduce yourself to the rest of the users. Please start every introduction with a new thread so we can stay all neat and tidy. :) Thanks!

Greetings everyone!!

Postby AngieMcKissick » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:13 pm

Hi everyone! My name is Angie McKissick. I am married to my husband Joe. We just celebrated our 19th anniversary June 4th. We have two sons. John is 11 years old and has autism. He was diagnosed at 2 1/2. Isaac is 8 years old and not autistic but does have speech delays. John will be starting Middle School this year in the Special Ed Autism program at Laurel Park Middle School in Henry County. Isaac will be starting a new school this year in 3rd grade at Stanleytown Elementary. We moved to Bassett, Virginia in November. We kept him at Collinsville Primary through the end of this school year which ended May 24th. John gets speech and occupational therapy in school. He also has a Dynavox communication device which helps him say more words, phrases and sentences. Isaac is in a regular ed class and gets speech therapy. Isaac has been on Honor roll and Principal's Scholar at school. Both boys also get additional speech therapy outside of school one evening a week. Both boys take swim lessons, therapeutic horseback riding and play Challenger League baseball. My husband Joe is a pastor but we are between churches right now. He just started a new job at Faneuil which is a call center where they take calls from Dominion Power Customers and help them pay their bills and set up payment plans. I am a stay at home Wife and Mom. I am very active in our local Piedmont Autism Action Group and am busy helping to plan our 5th Annual Autism Conference. I am also co- leader of our Autism Parent Support Group. I am open to answering any questions and am always willing to help other parents. If I do not know an answer I will find out for you. We are members of Beulah Baptist Church near Rocky Mount, Va. I was born and raised near Evansville, Indiana. Joe is originally from Chatham, VA. We met at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky. Prior to Seminary I Graduated from Georgetown College in Georgetown, KY and sold shoes at a large shoe store called the Shoe Carnival. After we were married and out of school we lived in Western Kentucky for a while and then moved to Virginia in 1998. I look forward to getting to know you all and helping where I can. Thank you for welcoming me into the group.
AngieMcKissick

Re: Greetings everyone!!

Postby Thomas » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:02 pm

Welcome, Angie. I dunno if this group will take off like it did last time (we had over 10,000 posts!), but we'll see what happens. Hopefully we can get the ball rolling. :)
The Honorable Thomas A. McKean, HOKC
http://www.thomasamckean.com
Member, Autism Society of America, Board of Directors, 1992-1994, 1997-2000
Author, Soon Will Come the Light: A View From Inside the Autism Puzzle
Author, Light on the Horizon: A Deeper View From Inside the Autism Puzzle
Thomas
Owner/Administrator

Re: Greetings everyone!!

Postby birdshell » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:23 pm

Thomas, is there a way to save our posts this time? That hacker stole a lot of good information away.
Be kinder than necessary; everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
birdshell

Return to Introductions